The WP Blood Transfusion Service (WPBTS) invites its donors, as well as potential donors, to #ShareYourHeart by partaking in its Instagram competition during February.
“As Instagram is one of the fastest growing social media platforms, WPBTS has decided to embrace the platform which will enable the Service to communicate in real time using Instagram Stories and Instagram Live,” says Marlize van der Merwe, WPBTS Spokesperson. “This platform also presents WPBTS with an opportunity to educate its followers on the inner workings of the Service.”
The launch of WPBTS’s Instagram account will be accompanied by a competition, whereby participants will stand a chance to win a dinner for two, to the value of R 500, at any restaurant of their choice.
Entering the competition is easy! Follow the WP_Blood Instagram account, post an image of you doing something to assist a cause or helping another, use the hashtag #ShareYourHeart and tag @WP_Blood. Then ask as many of your followers as possible to like your image. The image with the most “likes” will win the prize (T’s and C’s apply). The competition will run from 01 February to 20 February and the winner will be announced on 28 February.
While donors from all blood groups and communities are important, there is a particular need for donors with blood types O and B to donate regularly as stocks of these are more vulnerable to shortfalls. There is also a need for more black African people to become blood donors to reflect the ethnic diversity of patients.
For more information, SMS “Blood” to 33507 and WPBTS will call you back with information on where to donate. Donors can also call (021) 507 6300, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.wpblood.org.za. Like us on Facebook (WP Blood) or follow us on Twitter (@WPBlood) and/ or Instagram (WP_Blood) for interesting facts and blood stock updates.
WP BLOOD TRANSFUSION SERVICE
Instagram #ShareYourHeart Competition
Terms and Conditions
01 February 2017
- This promotional competition is organised by the WP Blood Transfusion Service (WPBTS) (“the Promoter”).
- The promotional competition is open to all permanent residents of South Africa from the age of 16 years and older, except employees, directors, partners, agents or consultants or other persons associated with the Promoter and the immediate family members of such persons.
- By entering the promotional competition, all participants agree to be bound by these rules, which will be interpreted by the Promoter and whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this competition and any prizes (which have not been awarded), or any aspect thereof, without prior notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoter deems necessary.
- WPBTS does not encourage inaccurately tagged content. WPBTS also does not encourage users to inaccurately tag content.
- This promotional competition is in no way sponsored, indorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
I represent and warrant that I have read, understand and shall follow these submission guidelines. I understand, acknowledge and agree upon my submission to the Promoter, that the submission becomes the property of the Promoter for all purposes thereafter and the Promoter shall not have any obligation to return or account to me for any submission I submit to the Promoter, that the Promoter is not under any obligation to provide me with any compensation or credit (verbal or written) for my submission and/or the Promoter’s use of the submissions within or as part of any program. In addition, I acknowledge that the Promoter is not requesting:
(I) that I or anyone else engage in any activities that may create a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to me, to any other person, or to any animal;
(Ii) that I or anyone else engage in any activities that may create a risk of any other loss or damage to person or property;
(iii) that I or anyone else engage in any activity that may constitute a crime or offence.
I agree that I will not engage in any of the forgoing activities in connection with producing my submission. Without limiting the forgoing, I agree that I will not inflict emotional distress on other people, will not humiliate other people (publicly or otherwise), will not assault or threaten other people, will not enter onto private property without permission, and will not otherwise engage in any activity that may result in injury, death, property damage, and/or legal liability of any kind. The Promoter will not consider for broadcast any submissions in which the Promoter believes (in its sole discretion) that any such activities has occurred. The Promoter also reserves the right to remove any submissions in which the Promoter believes (in its sole discretion) that any such activities has occurred. I acknowledge that the Promoter will rely on my acceptance of this Disclaimer in allowing me to submit images for the Promoter’s consideration.
- The promotional competition commences 01 February 2017 and ends on 20 February 2017, both days inclusive. Likes received after the closing date will not be taken into consideration.
- Only one grand prize will be awarded.
- To be eligible for the grand prize, participants must like the WP_Blood Instagram page, post a picture of themselves “having a heart”, tag @WP_Blood and use the hashtag #ShareYourHeart. The image with the most “likes” will be the winner of the grand prize, if (according to the Promoter) it fulfills in all criteria set out under the Submission Agreement.
- Entrants warrants and represents that the image:
- is original;
- does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, public rights, ownership or any other legal or moral rights of any third party;
- has not been entered in contests other than for WPBTS or won previous awards in a contest or any other contest;
- is suitable for public viewing.
A picture depicting any act of “doing good”, be it related to blood donation or not.
Participants will be required to:
- like the WP_Blood Instagram page;
- post the required picture;
- tag @WP_Blood and;
- use the hashtag #ShareYourHeart.
The competition is only valid on Instagram and entries from no other social media platforms will be considered.
Selection of winner:
The winner will be determined by the basic requirements above, as well as the most number of likes.
- Only one grand prize will be awarded, which will consist of an R 500.00 voucher to be used at a sit-down restaurant of the winner’s choice.
- The winner will be announced on Instagram by tagging the winner.
- This campaign will run for a limited time. Entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
- The winner will be announced on Tuesday, 28 February 2017.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater value should the prize promoted not be available due to unforeseen circumstances.
- The Promoter reserves the right to extend, reasonably shorten or suspend the time period of the Competition whenever it should so choose for technical, commercial, or operational reasons, or for the greater public good, or due to a “force majeure” event or generally for any reason whatsoever within its sole discretion, on condition that it notifies the participants in a manner that is expedient according to its best ability.
- The prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Photos will be taken when prize giving takes place. The photo(s) will be placed in the Promoter’s newsletter(s). All details may be used by the Promoter in its publicity campaigns.
- The name of the prize winner will be published on https://www.instagram.com/wp_blood/?hl=en, https://www.facebook.com/WPBlood.org.za and https://twitter.com/wpblood.
- The Promoter has the right to use the participant’s images without paying any royalties. All submitted entries are the property of the Promoter.
- The winner will be required to provide a valid green ID which corresponds with their entry as proof of identity to verify their identity as the chosen winner, and to confirm they are between 16 and 65 years old. Proof of parental/ guardian consent for 16 and 17 year olds may also be required.
- All participants and winners, as the case may be, by entering the promotional competition, indemnify the Promoter, their Advertising Agencies, advisors, nominated agents, suppliers, its affiliates, and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/ or from their participation in this promotional competition and/ or use of the Prize (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoter.
- The potential winner is subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. The potential winner will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and, where lawful, Publicity Release. Each potential winner will also be required to execute an Assignment of Rights, in which he/ she irrevocably assigns and transfers to the Promoter any and all rights, title and interest in each element of the Entry (including the title), including, without limitations, all copyrights, and waives all moral rights in those works. All completed documents must be returned to Contract Administrator within seven (7) days of the date notice was sent or Winner status will be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected. Notification of Winner or winner status must be kept confidential until the winner is announced by the Promoter. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in disqualification.
- If, for any reason, the Competition is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Competition. Further, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to:
- tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Competition;
- violating the Official Rules; or
- acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
The Promoter reserves the right to require winners to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility as a condition of awarding any prize to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Competition will not bring Competition Parties into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavourably on the Competition as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion.
Entrants/ Winners agree that the Promoter has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Competition and that all decisions of the Promoter are final and binding. South Africa law shall govern these competition rules and the courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
I agree that WP Blood Transfusion Service and affiliates shall not be liable for any liabilities, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, or penalties of any kind arising out of or relating to my activities in connection with producing my Submission. I agree not to sue or pursue any claims against WP Blood Transfusion Service and I agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless any Parties from and against any and all liabilities, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, or penalties of any kind (including attorneys’ fees) arising out or relating to my submission and/ or the production thereof.
By partaking in the Competition, I agree that the photograph is original, uncopied work of the creator. Also, that I have cleared and am responsible for clearing of the use, rights and copyrights of all non-original material, either by permission of the original creator(s), or under the parameters and protections afforded non-profit, educational use by the principles of Fair Use. The ownership and rights of the photographs submitted and published by WPBTS shall reside with WPBTS. WP Blood Transfusion Service reserves the right to use the photograph in all matters relating to publication, advertising, publicity and showcasing of WPBTS until they choose to no longer use it.